Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

competition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • competition

    Just curious as to how many of you all are fellow competitors? If you do compete, what do you compete in? I have done both BB and physique and do quite well but just curious as to what the majority here do or if anyone was interested in competing.

    USA,

  • #2
    On occasion. I diet all the way down from 190 or so usually to compete in lightweight which works ok since Iím only 5í5Ē. Iíve never come home empty handed but Iíve also never just dominated a show, hopefully this year. I actually think I get myself too small and it hurts me. Two years ago after doing a big comp I did a smaller show like 3 weeks later after I started eating not so good again. Put a little weight back on and won middleweight lol. Maybe thatís where I should stay.
    Originally posted by d_rockw82
    Fawk using steroids to get skinny! You can use diet and training for that!

    Comment


    • #3
      I have been considering it. I want to get a little bigger first. Im getting older so dont know how much longer i will be able to keep growing and pushing so hard. I want to do clasic or BB if i do. Im hoping next year.
      Inspector Jacques Clouseau: "There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them."

      "If i want to use a suppliment i take steroids"- Stomp

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Chooch View Post
        On occasion. I diet all the way down from 190 or so usually to compete in lightweight which works ok since Iím only 5í5Ē. Iíve never come home empty handed but Iíve also never just dominated a show, hopefully this year. I actually think I get myself too small and it hurts me. Two years ago after doing a big comp I did a smaller show like 3 weeks later after I started eating not so good again. Put a little weight back on and won middleweight lol. Maybe thatís where I should stay.
        A lot of guys say they look their best a week or two *after* the competition, due to eating more and maybe a little dirtier. Also, all that posing is very good for your physique - it's like a workout in itself. At least, that was Arnold's take on things in his Encyclopedia - he'd get in competition shape a couple of weeks before the competition. You know much more about it than I do, but there is that school of thought.

        Comment


        • #5
          Posing is a motherfucker. I try to spend a half hour a day leading up to working on posing. Itís so physically demanding, especially when youíre hungry and dehydrated. It really is itís own workout. I always look good after I eat like shit. Iíll be round and full, but definitely more smooth. I think this time Iím going to start carving up a little earlier and see how that works out for me.
          Originally posted by d_rockw82
          Fawk using steroids to get skinny! You can use diet and training for that!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Chooch View Post
            On occasion. I diet all the way down from 190 or so usually to compete in lightweight which works ok since I’m only 5’5”. I’ve never come home empty handed but I’ve also never just dominated a show, hopefully this year. I actually think I get myself too small and it hurts me. Two years ago after doing a big comp I did a smaller show like 3 weeks later after I started eating not so good again. Put a little weight back on and won middleweight lol. Maybe that’s where I should stay.
            A lot of guys say they look their best a week or two *after* the competition, due to eating more and maybe a little dirtier. Also, all that posing is very good for your physique - it's like a workout in itself. At least, that was Arnold's take on things in his Encyclopedia - he'd get in competition shape a couple of weeks before the competition. You know much more about it than I do, but there is that school of thought.
            Once you win an over all it feels like such an amazing accomplishment. What Warren said is totally true. about a week after comp when your reintroducing carbs, sugars etc into your body your muscle belly's blow up and if you still eat moderately clean your definition will remain. You might not have that super dry look but you will still be ripped and vascular as hell. Definitely try being a week or two early pre comp and see how it goes. Maybe even try some slin so that your body absorbs all those carbs the day of the show. I always see guys blow it the last two weeks and step on stage flat AF.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Chooch View Post
              Posing is a motherfucker. I try to spend a half hour a day leading up to working on posing. It’s so physically demanding, especially when you’re hungry and dehydrated. It really is it’s own workout. I always look good after I eat like shit. I’ll be round and full, but definitely more smooth. I think this time I’m going to start carving up a little earlier and see how that works out for me.
              Posing will make you or break you. I've seen guys with great physiques get schooled by guys with lesser just because of their posing. It makes all the difference in the world.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kluso View Post
                I have been considering it. I want to get a little bigger first. Im getting older so dont know how much longer i will be able to keep growing and pushing so hard. I want to do clasic or BB if i do. Im hoping next year.
                Bro what are you waiting for?? Have you ever been to a local BB show? Wanting to wait to be bigger before you compete is a common misconception. Contrary to what you may think most guys that compete at local BB shows at the NPC leve aren't big at all, now the National level is way different but most of the guys in local events are not big by any means. You also have the upper advantage because you can compete in open and masters. Just fucking do it bro, don't wait. We are all here to help you get it done too.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Iíve always been curious about competing in physique or even classic? I believe itís called. I feel like I could do well but f I show up I wanna show up to win
                  The world shows no mercy and neither do I.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Something else Iíve learned..... itís easy as fk to look good in the gym. Put some size on, have a little definition, youíll look good. Itís hard as hell to look good on stage lol. Last post was supposed to say start CARBING up earlier, not carving. Wanna do exactly what you said, hit my mark early then fill out/grow into the show. Iíve learned that personally I need to start carb loading a little earlier.
                    Originally posted by d_rockw82
                    Fawk using steroids to get skinny! You can use diet and training for that!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Willyb170 View Post
                      I’ve always been curious about competing in physique or even classic? I believe it’s called. I feel like I could do well but f I show up I wanna show up to win
                      Just showing up and getting on stage youíre already a winner. You put yourself through hell and just did what 99.9% of the gym population will never do. Everybody wants to win but just enjoy the experience and go from there.
                      Originally posted by d_rockw82
                      Fawk using steroids to get skinny! You can use diet and training for that!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by US Anabolics View Post

                        Bro what are you waiting for?? Have you ever been to a local BB show? Wanting to wait to be bigger before you compete is a common misconception. Contrary to what you may think most guys that compete at local BB shows at the NPC leve aren't big at all, now the National level is way different but most of the guys in local events are not big by any means. You also have the upper advantage because you can compete in open and masters. Just fucking do it bro, don't wait. We are all here to help you get it done too.
                        I actually did go to a local show last year. I thought i saw chooch there lol, but it wasnt him. I know he is on east coast and it was a Nationl Qualifier or something like that. I felt i could bo really well in physique right now but I dont want to do physique. I think I will be big enough for classic or BB. Yeah, I was thinking open or masters. I want to be at at least 190lbs comp ready. Right now im at about 180 when i cut below 10% bf. And im 5'10". I definately need a coach for posing at least. Im sure it would benifit my physique as well having stricter guidelines to fallow. And having someone watching my every move keeping me on right track. I have cut to conp lean 2 times now and know I can do it. Im just too small to feel comfortable up there. Im almost there. Idk it could be me. Wish i could post a current picture. Im definately bigger than my avitar pic now. It may just be in my head that I an too small too. I think i may have that disorder thats like the oposite of anorexia. I forget what its called. But i feel small, too small, even when I put on 20lbs bulking, lol.

                        Do any of you know of any sites that have posing videos? I havent really looked into it yet but I need to. Idk if i can afford a coach right now.
                        Inspector Jacques Clouseau: "There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them."

                        "If i want to use a suppliment i take steroids"- Stomp

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Willyb170 View Post
                          I’ve always been curious about competing in physique or even classic? I believe it’s called. I feel like I could do well but f I show up I wanna show up to win

                          Just showing up and getting on stage youíre already a winner. You put yourself through hell and just did what 99.9% of the gym population will never do. Everybody wants to win but just enjoy the experience and go from there.
                          Exactly what Chooch said bro. My very first comp I said fuck it and I registered it the biggest show around my area. I had no big named coach, just help from friends that also compete. I took first place in open and the over all. After that I was hooked. Shit is a rush.

                          Don't get me wrong there are a lot of politics in this sport. Judges have their favs and remember all these shows are sponsored typically by the coaches who are coaching these competitors hence why a lot of the judging is biased but don't let that scare you off.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Kluso View Post

                            I actually did go to a local show last year. I thought i saw chooch there lol, but it wasnt him. I know he is on east coast and it was a Nationl Qualifier or something like that. I felt i could bo really well in physique right now but I dont want to do physique. I think I will be big enough for classic or BB. Yeah, I was thinking open or masters. I want to be at at least 190lbs comp ready. Right now im at about 180 when i cut below 10% bf. And im 5'10". I definately need a coach for posing at least. Im sure it would benifit my physique as well having stricter guidelines to fallow. And having someone watching my every move keeping me on right track. I have cut to conp lean 2 times now and know I can do it. Im just too small to feel comfortable up there. Im almost there. Idk it could be me. Wish i could post a current picture. Im definately bigger than my avitar pic now. It may just be in my head that I an too small too. I think i may have that disorder thats like the oposite of anorexia. I forget what its called. But i feel small, too small, even when I put on 20lbs bulking, lol.

                            Do any of you know of any sites that have posing videos? I havent really looked into it yet but I need to. Idk if i can afford a coach right now.
                            Kluso it's all in your head bro. Just fucking do it. Check out some posing videos on you tube. First thing is first you have to figure out what class you wanna compete in so you know what type of posing routine you need to start practicing. Hows your legs? I've seen skinny ass ripped dudes win these local comps. I've seen a guy with a big upper body but with chicken legs win. Just do it. If you don't win then go to the judges after the show and ask them what you need to work out. I bet their answer will surprise you.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The politics in no BS. I have a very good friend that should have been pro years ago. Dude is currently 310lbs LEAN, won the overall at numerous shows, and Iím not gonna say how but he pissed someone up high off and never won again. Heís actually going to make a comeback this year for that pro card. Dude is such a freak he hasnít competed in a few years and about three weeks still had MD contact him about doing a photo shoot with him. Politics is BS in this sport. On the other side of it everybody is really pretty cool. Iíve been at shows with a bunch of guest posers and theyíre all super cool and easy to talk to. Itís definitely a cool experience man, youíll regret not doing it but I guarantee youíll never regret doing it.
                              Originally posted by d_rockw82
                              Fawk using steroids to get skinny! You can use diet and training for that!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X