New supplement versions...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New supplement versions...

Seems every time I open a fitness mag or visit a fitness website, they are promoting a new version of a protein powder, Creatine, aminos, etc. There is a NEW product trying to replace the one you've used for years. I'm open to using a better version of supplements, but which... Whey, ISO, Casein, Monohydrate, Micronized, Nitro... It's enough to make your head spin!!

Does anyone have an opinion on the newer produxpr or are you like me and going basic.

Just the most basic, and ideally the least expensive (the point of these supp companies is to separate you from as much of your money as possible: my gym sells 2 lbs of whey for $50; I get the same product at CVS, with coupons, often for about $15). Avoid proprietary blends - that is, you want to know exactly how much of each ingredient is in the product. Basically, all you need is a good whey powder, creatine, glutamine, and - some will say - leucine, if I'm not persuaded that this is effective.

Comment

I can tell you creatine mono is cheaper and works just as well as all the other fancy versions. There have been a few studies showing this. Only reason to use something else would be if you get digestive distress from mono.
      Inspector Jacques Clouseau: "There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them."

"If i want to use a suppliment i take steroids"- Stomp

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm with you on this. I don't like spending more money than necessary on my supplements... unless there's a worthy upside.

BTW, just read an article on a study of protein powders. They totally back you up War. In summary, it says go with the Whey protein.

Comment

I agree, I like minimal ingredients and don't like when they hide things in proprietary blends.

I prefer the Naked company for supplements. You can get them on Amazon. They have "Naked Whey", "Naked Casein", "Naked Creatine". There are no preservatives, no colors, no flavors, and just one ingredient. Their Creatine is 200 servings for $18.
          Last edited by mrcharwe; 05-22-2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

I keep a whey isolate, a casein, a meal replacement powder, a pre workout, creatine mono, bcaa, some vitamins and cluster dextrin. The pre workout I'm loving right now is called super human, it's a fully disclosed label and still has DMHA in it.

Comment

I have heard good things about 1st Phorm. I just ordered there Whey Isolate. Let you know what I think. I just want to see if a quality protein really makes a difference. I have been using ON gold standard whey for a long time know. Tastes great and mixes easy. But I here a lot of companies use an inferior protein and then add aminos so they test well. I believe (1st Phorm has a quality whey isolate so gonna see if it makes a difference on this bulk. Itís definitely more expensive too. Why is it that everyone looks for the cheapest supplements? If it was anything else we would be looking for the most expensive wouldnít we? You get what you pay for donít you? Letís see if this holds true to protein. Let you guys know what I think.
              Inspector Jacques Clouseau: "There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them."

Comment

Iím with WG here...
                Klus, in the supplement game, more expensive isnít always better... Iím a big fan of ON and I recall when you could buy a 10lb bag for $70... prices are outrages now due to supply and demand not quality or even testing....
                I also look at supplements as just that, to supplement food.
                Iíve been leaning on them here recently after tearing a pec and busting some blood vessels in my bicep as a result ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                -You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
                Buddha

-Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.
                Buddha

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis_01 View Post
                  I’m with WG here...
                  Klus, in the supplement game, more expensive isn’t always better... I’m a big fan of ON and I recall when you could buy a 10lb bag for $70... prices are outrages now due to supply and demand not quality or even testing....
                  I also look at supplements as just that, to supplement food.
                  I’ve been leaning on them here recently after tearing a pec and busting some blood vessels in my bicep as a result ...

Gotta double and triple underline this. Supp companies are almost universally trying to rip you off. Imo, actual roid dealers are more ethical than supp and prohormone companies. They will put all manner of scientific-sounding jargon, and charts and graphs, on the label. But it's all bullshit. Whey is whey like test is test like chicken is chicken like 200 pounds is 200 pounds. Go for the cheapest one. Mr. Olympia level bb'ers do not get huge by shelling out for a more expensive whey. They are genetic freaks who train extremely hard and eat five pounds of fish per day. Buy the cheapest whey, and then take the money you saved and buy a vial of test or a trip to the buffet.

Comment

Originally posted by warreng View Post

Gotta double and triple underline this. Supp companies are almost universally trying to rip you off. Imo, actual roid dealers are more ethical than supp and prohormone companies. They will put all manner of scientific-sounding jargon, and charts and graphs, on the label. But it's all bullshit. Whey is whey like test is test like chicken is chicken like 200 pounds is 200 pounds. Go for the cheapest one. Mr. Olympia level bb'ers do not get huge by shelling out for a more expensive whey. They are genetic freaks who train extremely hard and eat five pounds of fish per day. Buy the cheapest whey, and then take the money you saved and buy a vial of test or a trip to the buffet.
                    I do agree for the most part. But I have been listening to the CEO of 1st Phorm podcast and there other podcast TNT (Training and Nutrition Truth) podcast and they talk about building a quality product that will make them money over the long hall. The podcast isnít about there products but they do ďshameless plugsĒ here and there. They are all about being the best in the industry. Does remind me of a few sources we have. They did one podcast on how they came to be and how they donít take any shortcuts. Said they they get offered ways to make it cheeper but it sacrifices the quality and they are not about that. Anyways just wanted to say there are a few good companies in the sup industry trying to change that. John Meadows company is sopposed to be another good one. I forget what it’s called.

Edit: itís called Granite I believe.
                    Last edited by Kluso; 05-30-2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Walmart works fine. I can barely handle GNC as there's always an expert on staff trying to sell you their latest line of Bulls*^&&**. Simple is best....

Comment

Originally posted by stronger777
                        Walmart works fine. I can barely handle GNC as there's always an expert on staff trying to sell you their latest line of Bulls*^&&**. Simple is best....
                        LOL
                        I love walking in an getting advice from them....

-You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
                        Buddha

-Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.
                        Buddha

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis_01 View Post

LOL
                          I love walking in an getting advice from them....

Sounds like major Trolling in GNC to me....lol

Comment

Working...
                          X