Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting study on protein powders

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/stop...223035913.html

Well that is concerning. I wonder what type of analysis the 3rd party conducted to reach their results.

At any rate I will be looking for any manufacturer feedback this study generates.

Thanks for the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new.
    -Og Mandino
    Average author, but had some good quotes.

Comment

If your concerned about toxic metal poisoning, then you can consider getting those levels check with a blood test. I believe lead is something that you can have checked at the doctor's office with a rapid test. Just a thought.

Comment

Thats true. You can also get home kits (saliva and urine) that will give you a general idea. Osumex makes them. I don't do a lot of shakes myself but I see them talked about frequently here and just wanted to share the info.

Comment

Not concerned for myself necessarily, but that study seems like it should receive some attention from the manufacturers.

I try to get most of my calories from food source, but iíd be lying if I said I didnít have at least a shake a day.

If the study is accurate and gets significant consumer attention it will probably bring some scrutiny into the supplement manufacturer world. Iím all about less regulation, but if the companies are manufacturing an unsafe product unbeknownst to the consumer then some regulation is probably warranted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new.
          -Og Mandino
          Average author, but had some good quotes.

Comment

Working...
          X