No announcement yet.

Fasting Log

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was watching Naked and Afraid on discovery chanel yesterday and it made me think of you. It's a survival show if u arent familliar. Anyways the guy on there started having severe stomach pain from not eating. I forget what they called it but they had to rush him to hospital. Said his stomach was eating itself because of lack of electrolytes i think and it could lead to bowel blockage if not treated. So probably a good thing you broke the fast. Your body was probably telling u something.
    Inspector Jacques Clouseau: "There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them."

"If i want to use a suppliment i take steroids"- Stomp

Comment

I'm pretty sure now it's the helicobacter just eating away at my stomach. Probably the same way for him. I just got the Mastic Gum I ordered today and have started it.
      Last edited by BeefNewton; 10-19-2017, 07:57 PM.
      I don't even lift, bro.

Comment

As a follow-up, I am doing well. After breaking the fast, I regained about 10 pounds of fluid weight but have dropped back 3, down to 182, for a total, real weight loss of 30 pounds. Blood pressure remains lower, and my gut problems are gone (seriously, my bowel movements are now perfect with only a "check wipe" needed). I'm sure that is TMI, but before the fast, I had real problems, and a 5+ year chronic pain problem with my ileocecal valve area. Blood sugar is actually trending downwards! I was really worried I screwed something up by breaking the fast with juices, which was remarkably dumb. I mean, c'mon, as someone was is/was pre-diabetic going in to the fast, why did I think breaking the fast with raw juices was a wise move? At the moment, I am probably a good 10+ points below my previous average for glucose, and I truly believe this trend will continue until I have fully healed myself of insulin resistance and any pancreatic issues.

For things I am doing post-fast, I am eating nothing but healthy food. Occasionally, once or twice a week, I may indulge a bit for one or two meals, but it is not an outright binge. The rest of the time, it is all organic, with a lot of kale. I have a big, healthy kale salad nearly every night. I drink nothing but water most of the time and allow myself two small cups of coffee per day. No soft drinks, no fake sugars... no sugar at all in fact. I refuse to eat or drink anything sweet, which is easy, because I managed to leave the sugar cravings behind. I really think I had a candida overgrowth, and while they retreat into the gut lining to survive, I've read they cannot make it past 20 days or so. Fuck you, candida. What's interesting is my breath and my saliva are absolutely tasteless now. I didn't realize it even had a taste before.

I have also started running again and go to Planet Fitness at least four days a week. All those supplements I was buying before were absolutely worthless. $800/month I was blowing trying to avoid the real solution. Taking care of my body. Imagine that.

I did try to taper down my Test Prop but ended up going back to 6mg per day. Unlike the rest of my body, I don't think my nuts are going to heal. They are too far gone. However, this will not be my last fast. I absolutely believe fasting should have a place in everyone's life (except where it's contraindicated). Next time, with helicobacter pylori having been tamped, I should be able to easily make it past 30 days. However, by the next time I do it, I may not have the fat reserves to make it that far.

The only supplement I need now is Testosterone.
        Last edited by BeefNewton; 10-30-2017, 08:09 PM.
        I don't even lift, bro.

Comment

Thats awsome dude! Its hard sometimes to do what you know you should do but talk yourself out of it cause it seems like work. Glad you got it figured out. I bet your mental state improves greatly next. If not already.
          Inspector Jacques Clouseau: "There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them."

Comment

Went to the eye doctor today, and the retinal damage due to pre-diabetes is completely gone. So I caught and reversed it enough just in time.
            I don't even lift, bro.

Comment

Registered for half-marathon in a few months. Currently running around 19 miles per week with an increase of about a mile per week... have been running uninterrupted since Cocktober. Eating is still pretty good, though there are times I get tired of eating the same crap over and over, even if it is healthy. Have continued a very slow weight loss, so without any doubt the fasting losses were made permanent. Supplement-wise, I now take a handful for verified deficiencies and problems... DIM, Er Chen Wan, Cordyceps, Rhodiola, Galantamine, Vitamin D, DHEA cream, and of course, Test Prop.
              I don't even lift, bro.

Comment

What is DIM again? You mentioned it in another post too recently.

Comment

There's really just no better explanation than Examine's. https://examine.com/supplements/diindolylmethane/
                  I don't even lift, bro.

Comment

Entering another fast. This one is indefinite until true hunger. Not going to keep as detailed a log this time, though I may update this specific post with anything interesting. This time I'll have a bottle of mastic gum on hand for the stomach issue, but I've already run through a few already, so that problem should not resurface.

Current supplements: 10mg Test Prop (daily), DIM, Boron, Butea Superba, and MT-II. Nothing else will be ingested other than water. No coffee or broth this time.

Day 1. 4/10/2018. Fasting begins, part two.

Update: I made it to the fourth day before remembering how much I hated fasting. I have since converted to ADF and am having an easier time.
                    Last edited by BeefNewton; 04-16-2018, 08:25 PM.
                    I don't even lift, bro.

Comment

“Here we goooo!” - MarioCart

Good luck on this one bud.

Comment

Working...
                      X