Has Anyone Used Meal Prep Websites?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Used Meal Prep Websites?

I did a few searches on here and was not able to find anything on this topic. Due to me being on the road all the time for work, I was looking into those meal prep websites. The ones where you can have frozen meals shipped to your home and or hotel. Has anyone have tried any sites? If so, what are the pros and cons. Any feed back is greatly appreciated. Oh and if you have sites that you would recommend, feel free to post those as well. I have a looked at Icon Meals and fuel food. Just trying to gather some info on this subject.

Re: Has Anyone Used Meal Prep Websites?

If you do try any, let us know what you think please.
    Inspector Jacques Clouseau: "There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them."

"If i want to use a suppliment i take steroids"- Stomp

Comment

Bane82 did one for a while but he never logs in anymore...
      READ OUR RULES...READ THE STICKIES...

Comment

I use an app called Perfect Diet Tracker for mac. I really like it, but I think it costs about $30 maybe. I can't remember.
        My bad...I thought you were talking about something else....oops

My friend owns nutrijectmeals.com. They'll even customize your order if you want.
        Last edited by Blackcatfever; 03-08-2016, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Man the time that would save us. I prep meals and do dishes about 636252 hours per day. You find a good, reasonably priced site I may have to try it.
          Originally posted by d_rockw82
          Fawk using steroids to get skinny! You can use diet and training for that!

Comment

Originally posted by Chooch View Post
            Man the time that would save us. I prep meals and do dishes about 636252 hours per day. You find a good, reasonably priced site I may have to try it.
            Well it looks like I will be heading out west for work (no more staying in hotels), so I have googled some local places in Seattle that offer meal preps. I'm going to try that route first. But I know a guy who is in the same situation as I am (with working on the road all the time), and he uses iconmeals dot com. I think he said a meal is about $7 and the shipping is pretty much next day (around $40-$50). If someone were to buy a large amount of prep meals, the shipping would justify the cost. He orders about 40 meals a month and he is happy with icon meals.

Comment

Originally posted by fabes View Post
              Well it looks like I will be heading out west for work (no more staying in hotels), so I have googled some local places in Seattle that offer meal preps. I'm going to try that route first. But I know a guy who is in the same situation as I am (with working on the road all the time), and he uses iconmeals dot com. I think he said a meal is about $7 and the shipping is pretty much next day (around $40-$50). If someone were to buy a large amount of prep meals, the shipping would justify the cost. He orders about 40 meals a month and he is happy with icon meals.
              Are they frozen meals so you can order a months worth at a time? Thats only way to justify that cost for shipping. I would imagine they come with reheat instructions? I would prefer it not be frozen though. Maybe a weeks worth at a time would work.
              Inspector Jacques Clouseau: "There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them."

Comment

Originally posted by Kluso View Post
                Are they frozen meals so you can order a months worth at a time? Thats only way to justify that cost for shipping. I would imagine they come with reheat instructions? I would prefer it not be frozen though. Maybe a weeks worth at a time would work.
                They do not freeze their meals, they are sent out freshly cook. The shelf life of them are 5 days from when they are cooked if refrigerated. But you can freeze them and their shelf life is 30 days. If you live in or around a major city, do a google search for meal prep meals in your locations. There are a lot of meal prep places popping up around the major cities. So then you can order them and pick them up same day.

Comment

$7 per meal plus shipping, a bit steep for me at 6-7 meals per day. As much of a pain as t is I can keep cooking and loading the dishwasher for probably half. It'd be great though if it were cheaper, I'd be all over it.
                  Originally posted by d_rockw82
                  Fawk using steroids to get skinny! You can use diet and training for that!

Comment

Originally posted by fabes View Post
                    They do not freeze their meals, they are sent out freshly cook. The shelf life of them are 5 days from when they are cooked if refrigerated. But you can freeze them and their shelf life is 30 days. If you live in or around a major city, do a google search for meal prep meals in your locations. There are a lot of meal prep places popping up around the major cities. So then you can order them and pick them up same day.
                    That makes sense. Not sure what I was thinking. I would hope it would be fresh for the price, you know.

Comment

I'm going to try rich pianas meal service soon if anyone is interested

Comment

I'm on the road several days a week with no time to eat, and what I do is make three mass gainer shakes in shaker cups - dymatize or ON, which you can get for a reasonable price on vitacost. One scoop per shake, with a scoop of whey I throw in there and then mix it with whole milk. Gives me about 75 grams of protein and over 1,000 cals per shake. And I can pound it down in less than two mins, take an a-bomb or dbol and be good to go. One of these costs me probably under $3. I keep a packed schedule when out there but if I get time I can stop and get some real food as well. So, if I eat before I leave, and then have three mass gainer shakes over the next 8 or 9 hours, plus a meal or two when i get home - I like to stop at in n out, or, what is especially calorie dense as well as healthy, the hot bar at Whole foods where you can get as much high-quality meat, carbs, and vegetables as you want - that's a lot of cals and a lot of meals and it doesn't have to break the bank, though whole foods can get expensive so it might be good to look for cheaper alternatives. Plus the place is filled with fuckin hipster scumbags. At home, it's obviously good to sit down to a feast whenever possible, but if I'm in a hurry at home too I can have one cup of egg whites, one scoop of whey, two cups of whole milk, and as many spoonfuls of raw oats as I can wash down with water. Granted, there's no pleasure in this meal, but it is cheap and calorie-dense with lots of protein. When I started gaining a bunch of weight back in 2011 and 2012, it was due to spooning in the raw oats several times per day. There are cheap ways to do it. You just have to look. Although I find overnight travel always fucks me up - microbiome gets all out of whack, can't seem to get enough cals, etc. My problem these days is just forcing myself to eat enough. I have no appetite a lot of the time and I can only force myself to eat enough to maintain my weight. When I gain these days is off cycle but on a low dose of test and a lighter schedule.
                        Last edited by warreng; 12-04-2017, 07:43 PM.

Comment

my wife is my meal preper. She preps all of our meals and beats any of those sites by taste, price and convenience. I know not everyone has that luxury but it sure is nice to have a woman that is even more into fitness than you are. She makes all our meals 3-4 days out at a time so they are always fresh as can be. We usually go to Costco and buy about $500 worth of shit to prep our meals with only exception is we DO NOT buy our veggies from Costco because they are shit. SO we buy those locally and that way they remain fresh too. The other shit you can freeze prior to cooking it but we don't savvy freezing our veggies. Makes them mushy and tasteless.

Comment

Originally posted by US Anabolics View Post
                            my wife is my meal preper. She preps all of our meals and beats any of those sites by taste, price and convenience. I know not everyone has that luxury but it sure is nice to have a woman that is even more into fitness than you are. She makes all our meals 3-4 days out at a time so they are always fresh as can be. We usually go to Costco and buy about $500 worth of shit to prep our meals with only exception is we DO NOT buy our veggies from Costco because they are shit. SO we buy those locally and that way they remain fresh too. The other shit you can freeze prior to cooking it but we don't savvy freezing our veggies. Makes them mushy and tasteless.
                            I usually do this twice a week. I get the frozen steam bag for veggies mostly. I find I don't eat the fresh ones fast enough. I'm just going to try the 5% plan for maybe 3 weeks to a month as it's not horribly expensive

Comment

Working...
                            X