Your standout piece of advice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your standout piece of advice?

If you had to give or decide on one bit of advice, or something you've learned over the years what would it be? It could be gains related, cutting related, strength gains or even diet.

I found it quite a challenge to think of mine. All the developments, training strategies we came up with of our own, the thousand and one routines critiqued, the library filling amount of books etc we went through but ultimately it all boils back to one thing. Consistency!

You could have the best of everything on your side but if your not consistent your pissing in the wind.
    On the flip side you might not always get it spot on but if your in there, consistently, putting in the effort day after day, year after year you WILL progress.

So yeah mines very simply consistency.

So what is your standout advice / method / trick.
    It's a link, PRESS IT!

Nice thread man. I defensatly have some input but i have to think about how i want to post it. Will get back to this one for sure...
    READ OUR RULES...READ THE STICKIES...

Comment

Originally posted by bigwhite View Post
      Nice thread man. I defensatly have some input but i have to think about how i want to post it. Will get back to this one for sure...
      Cheers bro. Seems we have many members but not many posters so hoping to get some more user involvement
      It's a link, PRESS IT!

Comment

Two words - "Training Longevity". . . If, when I was an indestructible young man in the gym, had I even taken the slightest glimpse of wisdom afforded me by the "old guys", to realize that one day, I would not be so indestructible, I would not be the painful mess that I am in the gym today. By all means possible, train with your heart and soul, your blood, sweat and tears, but not with your nuts! Doing so can make something you have always looked forward to doing, a "labor of love" when you find yourself being one of the old guys.

Comment

Listen to your body.

Comment

Stick to a program!

Whatever it is your trying to do: cut, bulk, strength, power; lay out a framework and stick to the plan long enough to see the improvements.

I see too many people/friends at the gym everyday, but have no cohesive plan for their own improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new.
            -Og Mandino
            Average author, but had some good quotes.

Comment

"More is not better. BETTER is better."-JM Blakely
              Took me 20 years to figure out what the hell it TRULY meant.

Comment

Some good input so far people, keep it up please board.

Don't 100% agree with listen to your body. Your body will do anything in its power to not want to change, it's the easiest option. Often you have to "force" the change.
                For a seasoned vet then yeah listen to your body, but for the newbie starting out that could be pretty counterproductive. I mean yeah, pain you stop. If you know you've injured yourself then it's foolish not to. But sometimes you need to ignore your body and make it do what you want instead of the other way round.

Keep em coming gents there must be many more of you with pearls of wisdom
                It's a link, PRESS IT!

Comment

I know itís been said, but listen to your body and experiment ...
                  Dealing with a torn pec and having surgery next week I wish Iíd followed my own advice.... I felt a slight tear the week before and went and slammed 315 on incline and decline did me in at 275....
                  on the experiment side... try diff foods and find what works for you... once you figure that out you can cut and bulk with ease... donít follow cookie cutter methods you see out there as most wont work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  -You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
                  Buddha

-Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.
                  Buddha

Comment

Working...
                  X