Buffalo bar

dnok

Lifetime Member
Anyone here used one? I know the hype, looking for hands on reports. Considering buying one to add to the collection :cool:

bearded_stranger

Lifetime Member
I've got one. It's like my EFS 45 degree back raise....My gym wouldn't be complete without it, but I rarely user the fucker. Putting a Texas Squat bar between your ring and pinky finger is about the same amount of elbow/shoulder relief as what the Buff/duffalo bar provides. It's nice for GM's, but honestly I go SSB for those too. But junkies like us still buy one, just so we can check that box.

dnok

Lifetime Member
Wtf no more relief than a Texas bar? That's hugely disappointing for squats. I mean, I'm working on my shoulder flexibility but still I struggle like mad to even get under a bar so any long term use with a "normal" bar and my shoulders and arms are wrecked with tendonitis. One plus point is though I have the safety bar for squatting. Planning to only use a "normal" bar for mock meets and max testing.

My main interest in a buffalo or curved bar is in regards to bench press.
I've got the safety bar and do Hatfield squats for major overloading on squat work.
Trap bar should be with me in next few weeks to a month so that's my deadlift taking a jump so was looking to add something to the collection to give my bench press a kick up the arse too. Hence the interest in a buffalo or curved bar.

Do you bench with yours? Pros cons in real world? Thanks :cool:

bearded_stranger

Lifetime Member
I tried bench once with it for shits and giggles- didn't like the the way the crown of the bar turned my wrists out. It wasn't too bad on CG, but any grip on the rings and it torqued me funny.

If you're looking for some elbow relief on bench too, the multi-grip/football/parallel bar treats me pretty well. I also have a small (8") strongman log I use as parallel grip that ends up like a 1.5-2 board. I know when my medial side is flared up, I can't hardly unrack a regular bar to bench. The neutral grip gives me chance to pull it out to my chest.

dnok

Lifetime Member
I tried bench once with it for shits and giggles- didn't like the the way the crown of the bar turned my wrists out. It wasn't too bad on CG, but any grip on the rings and it torqued me funny.

If you're looking for some elbow relief on bench too, the multi-grip/football/parallel bar treats me pretty well. I also have a small (8") strongman log I use as parallel grip that ends up like a 1.5-2 board. I know when my medial side is flared up, I can't hardly unrack a regular bar to bench. The neutral grip gives me chance to pull it out to my chest.
Thanks man that's good advice. I was looking at it from the gains perspective only to be fair BUT your advice is sound and could come in really handy because of my cubital tunnel. Maybe I need to buy the football bar and a buffalo bar lol.
I was thinking buffalo for the increased ROM and getting stronger of the bottom. Maybe playing with fire regards injury given my already shit state of injuries lmao but you know how it is. Always want more.
Thanks man. Solid help for sure :cool: