Current MMA

BigDaddyT

Lifetime Member
Current MMA

OK whats some opinions on the current take on the MMA scene...some new fighters trying to make a name old ones not showing up and a bunch jumping ship going into bellator. I for one am as excited as FUCK to see Cyborg make it. I did love the fight with her and Holly...she took a beating but she stayed the course....

Jay Dog

Lifetime Member
BigDaddyT;n1004267 said:
OK whats some opinions on the current take on the MMA scene...some new fighters trying to make a name old ones not showing up and a bunch jumping ship going into bellator. I for one am as excited as FUCK to see Cyborg make it. I did love the fight with her and Holly...she took a beating but she stayed the course....
Now with MMA fighters being able to earn the Mega millions. We will see some crazy talented athletes come over to MMA in the next decade. MMA is the purest form of sport of all IMO, I used to love the ball sports, but it is so hard to match watching a great MMA fight. Now we just need solid promotions that make sure the best fight the best and we will be "Entertained" cheap Gladiator quote! I love how much combat sports has evolved in the last 30yrs, we have a front row seat for it all and it is only getting better.. Cheers!

Last edited:

stronger777

Gold Member
I think the current promotional aspect of MMA has turned it into a clown show. As with most spectator sports, the more dollar signs start to appear - things get weird. I started watching it back when I got out of the military and found a friend of mine became a UFC legend. It's interesting to see what money has done to the sport ,though. To me there are a few athletes that make the sport. St.Pierre coming back and kicking arse is conceivable but unbelievable. So I might turn it on just to watch some of the more professional guys...