Old school gym is open. Pics inside!

chicken_hawk

Diamond Member
So, the gym opened Nov 1 at 6 AM. It started slow but we ended up with 26 for the day and it has been a slow trickle but actually had our first member sign up on day one! Not bad considering we are a niche that charges more than most. I wanted 300 members the first day, but we do give 5 day trials to anyone who asks. And there is a small buzz in the iron community and we have received only positive feedback.

I am excited for this next week. We have a way to go however, but all the small things are falling in place. It was also nice to start training again, well I trained Saturday for the first time in two month. Light...super light.

Here are some pics

Hawk FB_IMG_1541362502649.jpg FB_IMG_1541362506996.jpg

Attachments

dnok

Lifetime Member
Yeah man that looks sweet. Loving the bar selection and platforms. Decent equipment too, I'd definitely train there.
Had to laugh at the guns welcome sign. That is sooooooooooo fucking alien to me lol. Just seems mental, I'd fucking love it in US lol.
Seems like you had decent turn out on day one. What's your minimum number a day or week to make your money? Hope it works out for you man, people need a place like that so I really hope you've got the location right cos if so you should thrive. Might need a bit of patience till build the numbers but who wouldn't want to train there? Looks awesome! Like how much walk space there is too. Plenty of length for heavy walks with strapped dumbbells etc. Have you got yokes? :cool:

chicken_hawk

Diamond Member
Yeah man that looks sweet. Loving the bar selection and platforms. Decent equipment too, I'd definitely train there.
Had to laugh at the guns welcome sign. That is sooooooooooo fucking alien to me lol. Just seems mental, I'd fucking love it in US lol.
Seems like you had decent turn out on day one. What's your minimum number a day or week to make your money? Hope it works out for you man, people need a place like that so I really hope you've got the location right cos if so you should thrive. Might need a bit of patience till build the numbers but who wouldn't want to train there? Looks awesome! Like how much walk space there is too. Plenty of length for heavy walks with strapped dumbbells etc. Have you got yokes? :cool:
First, I do love the freedoms we enjoy here and often take it for granted. But have to thank mother England for that one LOL.

Our location is an interesting one. It is very Central to two major highways and 3 suburban cities or roughly 300k people on this side of the metropolitan area. However, we are in a run down strip mall that they are trying to revive. It used to have a ToysRUs and a movie theater but know it's just us, a thrift store and a plus size women's store. The units on either side are empty so we have plenty of parking. All that to say the over head is low (which was a necessity) so 50 members a month will pay all the bills. We have time as our first rent payment isnt due till February. Honestly I'm now broked so we need the time but it should be enough.

As far as equipment goes we have little specialty stuff as this was all from a bbing gym and I blew my small was on start up. I am leasing to own a mono which arrives this week along with bumper plates for O lifting. My wife said once we have 50 members I can order the comp bench and a few more bars. I made her the owner as I am horrible at the details. If I was in charge everyone would lift for free and we'd be out of business in 6 months LOL

Hawk

chicken_hawk

Diamond Member
Great gym brotha, atmosphere looks really motivating...except for that Tom Brady poster. That shi* got to go. J/K best of luck.
Trust me people bust my balls as we live in the Midwest now but I was born and raised in New England till I moved here when I was 36. They know it so it's fun to banter with them over it.

Hawk

dnok

Lifetime Member
First, I do love the freedoms we enjoy here and often take it for granted. But have to thank mother England for that one LOL.

Our location is an interesting one. It is very Central to two major highways and 3 suburban cities or roughly 300k people on this side of the metropolitan area. However, we are in a run down strip mall that they are trying to revive. It used to have a ToysRUs and a movie theater but know it's just us, a thrift store and a plus size women's store. The units on either side are empty so we have plenty of parking. All that to say the over head is low (which was a necessity) so 50 members a month will pay all the bills. We have time as our first rent payment isnt due till February. Honestly I'm now broked so we need the time but it should be enough.

As far as equipment goes we have little specialty stuff as this was all from a bbing gym and I blew my small was on start up. I am leasing to own a mono which arrives this week along with bumper plates for O lifting. My wife said once we have 50 members I can order the comp bench and a few more bars. I made her the owner as I am horrible at the details. If I was in charge everyone would lift for free and we'd be out of business in 6 months LOL

Hawk
Sounds like a decent location. Good access and plenty of potential customers nearby. 50 a month to pay the bills is great though man. That should be perfectly feasible to expect especially with half that on the first day. Stick with it brother I have faith. Hopefully you'll become the new Mecca. Smart move about putting the lady in charge of the purse strings lol :cool:

chicken_hawk

Diamond Member
Sounds like a decent location. Good access and plenty of potential customers nearby. 50 a month to pay the bills is great though man. That should be perfectly feasible to expect especially with half that on the first day. Stick with it brother I have faith. Hopefully you'll become the new Mecca. Smart move about putting the lady in charge of the purse strings lol :cool:
Yeah, it will take some time, but one thing I do know and accept is myself. Strengths and weaknesses. So, my wife is the boss behind the scenes and keep me in check. Btw got another member today, not a pler but just a dude who likes lifting but hates the BS of the commercial gyms.

Hawk

chimp

Lifetime Member
Place looks great! Best of luck to you in your new venture.

That chalk basin to most, is like a crucifix to Dracula. . . But for some of us, it is a sight to behold.